The leading provider of accurate and current nutrition information, delivering reliable services that optimally impact the nutritional status of the population of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
To promote the nutritional well-being of all segments of the population of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique through analyzing, managing and preventing nutrition-related problems and to enhance the quality of life of our people through the promotion of good nutrition and healthy lifestyle behaviours.
Board of Directors
The Grenada Food & Nutrition Council was established by the People’s Revolutionary Government in July 1980 as a statutory body. It is governed by a board of directors comprising the following representatives:
Mr. Elvis Morain (Chairman)
Mr. Selby Henry
Mrs. Barbara Fraser
Mrs. Leonora George- Buckmire
Dr. Francis Martin
Dr. Guido Marcelle
Mrs. Lakisha Alexander- Grant
Ms. Petopha Lewis- Smith
WHAT WE DO
1. Making recommendations for a national Food & Nutrition Policy;
2. Monitoring food & nutrition programmes throughout the nation;
3. Preparing and evaluating food & nutrition projects;
4. Assisting in the implementation of selected projects related to food and nutrition;
5. Assisting in the establishment of food quality throughout the food chain in collaboration with responsible agencies;
6. Serving as a specialized technical resource in the field of food & nutrition;
7. Fostering the reduction of the prevalence of nutritional diseases;
8. Identifying, assessing and defining the food & nutrition problems in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique, especially among those of vulnerable groups;
9. Providing advisory and coordinating services to various multisectoral bodies;
10. Conducting food and nutrition related surveys;
11. Providing nutrition counseling;
12. Conducting food and nutrition related training programmes.
- Service Oriented
- Honesty and integrity
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Embracing change and creativity
At the Grenada Food & Nutrition Council, our philosophy is built on the guided principle of providing the highest quality nutrition care and information, to improve the overall quality of life. The science of nutrition is ever evolving with constantly updated information.
Therefore, we are committed to using the latest research and nutrition knowledge to evaluate, innovate and improve our products and services to meet the needs of the persons we serve.